Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I love you always, Grandpa Geesy


One of a kind

My grandpa Goose I miss you so
It's hard to let you go
No longer struggling with your breathing, in a better place I know
I miss your voice, I miss your smile, I miss your hugs, I miss your love
I miss your presence, being around you, visiting you at home
I miss our chats, hearing you say I love you just before I'd hang up the phone
I can't describe this hurt I feel, I miss my papaw, I want you here
I don't know how to stop thinking about you, this sadness wants to stay
28 years of my life has been with you in it and now you've been ripped away
I find it hard being happy because I miss you every day
Our family's slightly broken, slightly awkward without you here
You were the glue that held us all together so tightly through the years
You taught us all how to love and care, being close like families do
And all the love we know now is what we've learned from loving you
To see my Bess it makes me sad
And knowing I can't fix her pain just makes me mad
She knows we're here for her and taking care of her just like you'd want us to
And even though she knows she's loved, her heart, it breaks for you
I know it will get easier and my grief will get better over time
I'm thinking of you often, you are always on my mind.
Forever loved, never forgotten
You were the best papaw ever, you were one of a kind

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem...keep writing!
    Thank you for letting me hear your feelings!
    We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job...this will help a lot, I promise!!!
    Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete