Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Thinking of you today....

Today is a beautiful day outside, I wish you could see it. I bet if you were here you and grandma would be out on the front porch swing enjoying the day. I wish you were here to take a walk holding grandma's hand. I always found it adorable that you two would still walk hand in hand after over fifty years of marriage. I would tear up every time I'd see you two like that, still so much in love.

I still miss you so much. I know that grandparents pass and it's something we all have to deal with, but I had you around for so long I was naive in thinking you would always be around. I take comfort in knowing that you had a long and wonderful life filled with people that love you, but that doesn't make this hurt any less. My constant sadness has subsided and now it's just little things that get me upset. Before I would cry if grandma didn't pick up the phone and I heard you on the machine, but now I like it when the machine picks up because getting to hear your voice again makes me smile.

I'm sorry I haven't been to visit you much, but it's just to hard for me. It's painful to see your name engraved on a tombstone and to know that your body is resting below. I know you are always with me and that I don’t have to go to the cemetery to talk to you, this blog is my way of sharing my feelings with you. I love you and I'll always miss you.

~Sis~

No comments:

Post a Comment